Saturday, February 27, 2010

Sport

I really enjoy sport.  I really enjoy watching and connecting to the deep moments of success and hard work and expenditure of energy and passion. I especially enjoy participating in skiing.

Winter is here and I have been skiing a lot (alpine).  I love skiing.  I love the speed, I love my body working against gravity, yet using it.  I love the feeling of my body working in tandem with the boots and skis and the ground.  I love the wind rushing past, or [is it] me rushing past the atmosphere.  I love especially the wonderful sunny days that I get to ski and the days the snow is falling.  I love skiing with like minded skiers, people who love to ski, people who love the feeling of the boards on edge, shins pressuring boots, people who love to fly!  I love the feeling of camaraderie and accomplishment, of muscles burning, of navigating near misses, and even, surviving fabulous falls!  I love the feeling of flying down a hill and pressuring by shins against by boots and the skis against the ground to stop my motion and direct it somewhere else!!!  I love being outside where there is not much that you can control.

Skiing gives me the closest thing I can think of that shows me what living with and walking with God should be.  It should be freedom and joy and exhilaration and adrenaline and sharing and relationship and placing my life on the edge; of defying gravity by handing myself over to Him so that He can use me and bend me and mold me and do the same to someone else through me.

The Christian life should be like flying down a ski run!

I think it is if we can just lean into it and let His Spirit carry us, guide us, and set us on edge so we can carve and fly!

Leaning forward and aiming to fly,
k8t
k8t(at)faceofagirl(dot)com
----
Please include the following statement on any distributed or linked copy: By Kaet Johnson. © faceofagirl.com. Website: faceofagirl.com, http://www.facebook.com/faceofagirl, http://twitter.com/keight8

No comments: