Sunday, November 02, 2008

Unconditional Love

A friend of mine posted a note on her Facebook page about the power of words. Her note got me thinking about my grandfather which got me thinking about unconditional love.

My grandfather's love for me was the clearest picture I have of unconditional, whole hog, I love you no matter what, love. When he died, my world was a-kilter for a while, and I did not know why. I felt alone, I felt vulnerable (I was 25 and engaged to be married), I felt almost lost. I finally figured out it was because I had lost my hugest (is that a word?) fan, my biggest cheerleader, the person in the world that I could always count on to be on my side and whose face shown on me, blessed me, while his words encouraged me and his actions proved himself.

Grandpa wasn't perfect, but he blessed my life with love-- unconditional love, love ya because your mine love, love ya because I choose to love you, love.

Life has taught me that not everyone has such a person in their life. But living has also taught me that there is a god, who calls himself Yahweh, and He loves unconditionally, perfectly. His love is whole hog, love you no matter what, always there, unchanging in change, love. His love is safe, love you because He created you, love you because He chooses to love you, love.

As real as my grandfather's love was, so is God's.

Remembering Grandpa and thanking Yahweh for him,
k8t
k8(at)faceofagirl(dot)com
----
Please include the following statement on any distributed or linked copy: By Kaet Johnson. © faceofagirl.com. Website: faceofagirl.com

No comments: