Sunday, October 26, 2008

It is the Time of Year for Gifts!

From my friend Pam--

1 Corinthians 12:4-7 (NASB)

"Now there are varieties of gifts, but the same Spirit. And there are varieties of ministries, and the same Lord. There are varieties of effects, but the same God who works all things in all persons. But to each one is given the manifestation of the Spirit for the common good."

Have you ever been perplexed as to exactly what a spiritual gift is or what your spiritual gift or gifts might be? If so, I want to invite you to join me at a workshop that Immanuel Church of Gurnee, IL, is hosting in conjunction with Precept Ministries International on Friday, November 7 from 9:00 a.m to 5:00 p.m. The workshop is called Finding Your Place of Service in the Church. Using basic inductive Bible study methods, it will focus on the foundational elements of spiritual gifts as taught in the Scriptures.

I'm really jazzed about this workshop for a few reasons. First, God started working in my life in some incredible ways when I finally started understanding what gifts I have that I should be using, as well as which gifts I don't have that I should be letting other people use! There is a huge freedom in being able to be who God made you to be and to be able to relax in that. I no longer feel compelled to be what I never was intended to be. Know what I mean?!

I'm also stoked because this is a FREE workshop--costs you nothing at all but your time! If you're interested in joining us, you can send me an e-mail or call Precept direct at 888-678-5660.

Hope to hear back from you as to where you are reading in the Word today AND that you'll be joining us at the Finding Your Place of Service in the Church workshop!

In His Grip,
pam
www.deepandwide.org

I have taken the Precept Upon Precept class on spiritual gifts-- it is amazing. I encourage you to explore what God made you to do!

k8t
----
Please include the following statement on any distributed or linked copy: By Kaet Johnson. © faceofagirl.com. Website: faceofagirl.com

No comments: